Class began the usual way today. During IR, I finished conferencing with students about their argument checkpoint.
Since it is Friday, today was four-prompt Friday for NBT, and those prompts are attached below:
- Write a story about someone who wakes up, and he/she is the last person alive on Earth.
- You have the special ability to see how dangerous people are. When you look at someone, a number appears above their head – 1 being the least dangerous and 10 being the most. The new kid in your class just registered a 10. He smiles at you.
- Explain your opinion on President Trump. Do you like him? Dislike him? Why?
- Someone once said, “Failure is success if we learn from it.” What does this mean? Do you agree with it? How has it been relevant to your life?
Today was also a W.O.W. day, so after students wrote, they had time to volunteer and share as well.
We spent the rest of our time in the library, so students could work on their projects. They outlines should be done on MONDAY, and this page of my website will be crucial to them finishing – primarily the video about completing the outline and the review on explaining evidence.
I’ve also attached a few handouts below that the videos reference.
- Read for 60 minutes.
- Finish your outline for MONDAY.
- Bring headphones next week.
Also, for your reference, here is our calendar for the end of the year. If you’re going to be gone any of the last few days of school, please make arrangements ahead of time to to complete the work you will miss.