Class began the usual way. Students had a WA that had them reviewing a variety of grammar concepts we have covered this year.
After reading, students gave book talks in order to practice speaking and listening skills, and then students completed sentences for their vocabulary terms this week.
Next, students had 20 minutes to work with their groups on finalizing their projects which are due tomorrow. Below you will see the list of steps and instructions they were given.
- Complete your revisions based on the feedback given to you.
- Read through your work again. How could YOU make it better on your own?
- EDIT the whole document. Note: IF YOU SEE MISTAKES IN YOUR PARTNERS’ PARAGRAPHS, MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT IT. ONLY THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE PARAGRAPH SHOULD MAKE CHANGES TO IT.
- Check your work against the whole rubric.
- Is your document completely in MLA format? This means that is should look like the green handout I gave you all the way down to font type and size.
- Have you highlighted two correct compound (orange) sentences and one complex (green) sentence?
When this time was up, students had a few moments to discuss with their groups what needs to be done tonight, and I told them they would have only 5-10 minutes tomorrow to finalize any issues, check things over once again really quickly, and turn their project in.
We ended class by watching CNN10.
- Read for 25 minutes.
- Complete your part of the writing project.
- Bring your Outsiders book to class tomorrow, so we can turn them in to the library.